Bids to host the SIOP Annual Meeting can be made by any individual member in good standing in collaboration with the local convention centre, and/or tourism bureau to the SIOP Office. Further details and criteria can be found in the bidding manual.
If your city fulfills all or nearly all of the below criteria, we encourage you to send us your bid, summarising the required information as per the criteria in the bid manual for SIOP congresses:
- The infrastructure for a conference of 2400-2600 delegates exists.
- A core local organising committee (LOC) is named.
- The organisation backing the bid is identified.
- The dates of the meeting are clear and avoid a conflict with other major meetings and recognised religious holidays.
- Housing for delegates is available across the price range.
- The conference centre is easily accessible from the accommodation (preferably an easy walk).
- The city is accessible easily and frequently by air/ground transport.
- The likely cost of attendance at the Congress is acceptable to potential delegates.
- Your city has not recently hosted a SIOP Congress (view archives of previous congresses here).
Congresses rotate among SIOP continents: Asia, Oceania, North America, Latin America, Africa and Europe.
|2021||Asia/Oceania/ Latin America/Africa*||Hawaii||USA|
|2022||Europe – Bidding is open|
|2023||North America – Bidding will open early 2020|
|2024||Asia/Oceania/ Latin America/Africa* – Bidding will open early 2021|
The Call for Bids open three (3) years prior to the congress.
The Call for Bids for the 54th SIOP Annual Meeting – SIOP 2022 – to take place in Europe is open.
You can download the official bidding guidelines under the link below.
• Deadline to submit your Letter of Intent: Thursday, 9 February, 2019 (12 :00 noon CET)
• Deadline to submit the full bid: Thursday, 16 May, 2019 (12 :00 noon CET)
The scientific content of the SIOP Annual Meeting is organized by the Scientific Committee of SIOP of which whom the local organizing chair is part of.