June 1, 2017
June 3, 2017
AddressBeach Hotel Marienlyst, Elsinore, Denmark View map
Childhood Leukemia Early Adverse Reactions 2017 Conference
Elsinore, Denmark, June 1-3, 2017
treatment intensification has led to significant improvements in cure rates for childhood acute leukemia, but also to higher risks of acute treatment-related toxicities. We still have a limited understanding of why these toxicities emerge and the individual risk factors hereof. A large international collaboration is now ongoing to address these early adverse events, including setting strategies for prevention and treatment.
The Childhood Leukemia Early Adverse Reactions ( CLEAR) conference has gathered a panel of world experts to address acute toxicities during therapy for childhood acute leukemia.
Topics that will be addressed are:
- Asparaginase hypersensitivity by Inge van der Sluis, Department of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Erasmus Medical Center, Sophia Children’s Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
- Pancreatitis by Benjamin Ole Wolthers, Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at The Juliane Marie Centre, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Thromboembolism by Elisabeth A. Chalmers, Department of Haematology, Royal Hospital for Sick Children, Glasgow, UK.
- Neurotoxicity by Chris Halsey, Wolfson Wohl Cancer Research Centre, Institute of Cancer Sciences, College of Medical, Veterinary and Life Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, UK.
- Bacterial infection by Lillian Sung , Department of Paediatrics and Institute of Health
Policy Management and Evaluation, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Fungal and viral infections by Thomas Lehrnbecher, Division of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Hospital for Children and Adolescents, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt, Germany.
- Muscositis and inflammation by Klaus Müller , Department of Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine at The Juliane Marie Centre, Rigshospitalet, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Bone toxicity including osteonecrosis by Lynda Vrooman, Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Boston Children’s Hospital, MA, USA
- Muscle function and physical activity by Kirsten Ness , Jude Faculty, Department of Epidemiology and Cancer
Control, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, USA
- Germline variants and toxicity by Jun Yang, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, St.
Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Balancing traditional event free survival and burden of toxicities by Maria Grazia Valsecchi, School of Medicine and Surgery, University of Milano-Bicocca, Milan, Italy;
- Capture and registration of toxicities in Europe by Martin Stanulla, Children’s Hospital, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology,
Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
- Capture and registration of toxicities in the US by Richard Aplenc, Department of Pediatrics, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
- Cancer predisposition syndromes and toxicities by Christian Kratz, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
- Nephrotoxicity, including high-dose methotrexate by Jesper Heldrup, Childhood Cancer and research Unit, University Children’s Hospital, Lund, Sweden
- Psychological Issues by Melissa A. Alderfer, Nemours Biomedical Research, Nemours Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children, Wilmington, Delaware, USA
- Toxic death and tumor lysis syndrome by Sujith Samarasinghe , Haematology and Oncology department, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London, UK
In addition, meet-the-expert sessions will be offered.
Registration includes conference fee, meet-the expert session, 2-nights stay at Marienlyst Hotel and all meals.
Early bird registration until April 1st 2017.
Oral abstract submission deadline has been passed, but we welcome you to send abstracts for posters until March 25th 2917 (response will be given before April 1st, early bird deadline).
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the CLEAR 2017-conference. Please visit www.clear2017.dk for more information.
On behalf of the organizing committee
Professor in Pediatrics and Pediatric Oncology
University Hospital Rigshospitalet
There is a limit of 225 participants.Register today