For each annual meeting, SIOP provides scholarships to people who have insufficient resources to participate and to travel to the meeting. Successful candidates will receive financial support towards their travel and accommodation costs up to EUR 1000 and free registration to the annual meeting. Additionally, the SIOP board has decided to award all scholarship winners with a free SIOP membership with the wish that you will continue to be an active member.
- be under the age of 45 years (age is not an absolute limit, but priority will be given to young investigators)
- live in a Low or Lower-Middle Income Country according to the World Bank list (click here to view your eligibility)
- be active in paediatric oncology: full time or at least 30%
- be accredited in a hospital with a division for paediatric oncology
- submit an abstract to the SIOP Meeting you wish to attend
Information & Documents
Please prepare the following information before you begin your application:
• Proof of age (copy of passport or ID) (file size limited to 1MB, PDF or jpeg only)
• Letter of department head (file size limited to 1MB, PDF only) stating that no other financial support is provided to the applicant to attend the Annual SIOP Meeting and that the applicant is working in the field of paediatric oncology (full time or at least 30%)
Template_Letter of Department Head SIOP Scholarship_YI Award
• Abstract information
– Abstract title
– Abstract number
– Abstract topic
• SIOP Membership number (optional – but we strongly encourage you to become a member)
Abstract submission deadline for the SIOP 2018 Annual Meeting 16-19 November in Kyoto will be announced at a later time.
Deadline for applications to be announced for SIOP 2018.