The Website & Communication committee is in charge of improving and maintaining efficient communication within and outside the society.
October 11, 2014
The Website & Communication Committee goals are:
- To improve communications between members of SIOP and the Board of SIOP, it’s committees and working groups as well as improving the visibility of SIOP to interested professionals & public.
- To improve information about forthcoming SIOP meetings.
Functioning via the Secretariat which implement changes to the website, and will maintain the website, produce the newsletter, the committee will develop a three year action plan in line with SIOP strategic objectives.
- Enhance the website profile of SIOP by improving its content, accessibility and ease of use including
- Enhance educational/scientific content (including previous SIOP meetings)
- Ensure a venue for discourse between members
- Enhance accessibility of all notifications, reports and news from SIOP
- Board, SIOP active committees or working groups and SIOP Office
- Utilize the website for an advocacy forum internationally
- Promote upcoming international SIOP congresses
- Access to “Breaking News” that is relevant to SIOP membership
- Improve communications internally for and between the membership and externally to interested healthcare professionals, linked organizations and the public.
- Publication of biannual newsletter on the activities of SIOP, its active committees and future congresses
- Policy for communication with the media that will enhance and advocate for the vision and mission of SIOP
- Develop a presence on one or more social networking forums
- The committee will communicate through teleconferences as required and face to face meetings at the Annual General Meeting.