SIOP is calling upon its members to contribute to the mission of the Society and its collaborative work in paediatric oncology education, research and advocacy around the world by nominating themselves or another member for election as SIOP Scientific Committee Member (one position is available).
The Scientific Committee wishes to have a broad representation of clinical, translational, and basic research in malignant hematology, solid non-CNS tumors and CNS tumors all well as other disciplines such as supportive care, late effects, and epidemiology. To complement the expertise of existing Members, the Scientific Committee is particularly interested in nominations of SIOP Members with expertise in solid non-CNS tumors.
Since the core SIOP Scientific Committee is limited to 4 members (plus nurse representative and Local Organising Committee Chair), the committee relies heavily on the Scientific Programme Advisory Committee (SPAC).
A SIOP Scientific Committee member is expected to have the following prerequisites:
- Be an experienced, accredited senior health professional in the field of paediatric oncology
- Have an established track record in basic, translational or clinical research in paediatric oncology with a strong publication record, with accomplishments in education and teaching
- Have broad-ranging expertise in the field of paediatric oncology, for which she/he is the representative on the Scientific Committee
- Show commitment and be in a position to sustain reliable communication (especially e-mail) with the SIOP Office
- All positions require substantial commitment of time and energy. Consequently, candidates should be willing to commit him/herself to the task, including attending the SIOP Congress and the pre-Congress Scientific Committee meeting each year, and the Scientific Committee meeting in the spring of each year during which the Program for the upcoming Congress is finalized.
Final candidates will be selected by the Nominating committee from those proposed by members The secretariat should receive written confirmation from the candidate(s) that the person is willing to accept the nomination, if elected.
Announcement Call for Nominations: November 29, 2016
Deadline for Nominations: January 23, 2017 (12:00 noon CET)
Selection of Candidates by Nomination Committee*
Announcement of Candidates & Online Voting: February 27, 2017
Online Voting Deadline: March 14, 2017
Result announcement: At the Annual Business Meeting during the 49th Annual Meeting in Washington DC (USA).
*Nomination Committee comprises of the current Executive Board, current Scientific Committee plus the President of each of the continental sub-groups.
HOW CAN I NOMINATE A CANDIDATE?
Download and complete the Nomination Form – click here
Use the Subject Title “SIOP Election 2017 – Scientific Committee Member””
Send nominations to email@example.com
DEADLINE: January 23, 2017 (12:00 noon CET)
Due to the current geographic composition of the Executive Board, we would like to encourage nominations outside of North America.
We kindly remind you that you must be a member in good standing in order to have full voting rights. If you have not renewed your SIOP membership for 2017 yet, please click here.
The term of office is three years and will start after the SIOP 2017 Annual Meeting in Washington DC, USA.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and your commitment as a member is of vital importance to the Society, and we strongly count on your support in helping us shape the future of the society.
Chair SIOP Scientific Committee