September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month, and is symbolised by a gold ribbon, worn to commemorate the event. This is an annual international awareness month to raise support, funding and awareness of childhood cancers and the impact for sufferers and families!
Gold September 2021
SIOP and CCI mark the start of Gold September – Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- 1st week : Kick-off video by CCI & SIOP Presidents (Watch here), Wednesday 1st September
- 2nd week : Treatment – dialogue Africa, (Watch here), Monday 6 September
- 3rd week : Psycho-social – dialogue Asia, (Watch here) Monday 13 September
- 4th week : Survivorship – dialogue Latin America, (Watch here) Monday 20 September
- 5th week : WRAP UP (Watch here)
Gold September - Childhood Cancer Awareness Month events form - 2021
With the collaboration of CCI & SIOP and their members, we noticed numerous events are being hosted in September. The partners would like to collect information of the global events and share the collective events in both websites. We created this form and centralized dropbox for members of both organizations to provide/upload their 2021 CCAM events.
Don't miss out on our other activities and mark them in your agenda!
August 27, 2021
- Press Release – COVID-19 in children with cancer: Severe disease and disrupted treatment link to article here)
September 8, 2021
- Pediatric Oncology Nursing Day: We are pleased to present our 2021 Paediatric Oncology Nurses Day celebration posters for download:
September 15, 202
- SIOP – St Jude Global ‘Gold September’ 2021 Policy Webinar “Caring for childhood cancer in refugee and displaced populations”: Download Flyer I Register here
September 25, 2021
GOLD is the color of strength, courage and resiliency!
GOLD is the symbolic color of childhood cancer!
LANDMARKS LIT UP IN GOLD
In September, every year, SIOP and CCI members and the whole community of childhood cancer champions, advocates and supporters encourage iconic buildings, historic landmarks, monuments, bridges and natural environments to turn Gold by lighting them up in GOLD or by hanging huge gold ribbons in these places.
Show your support kids with cancer and turn your homes, workplaces, schools and communities GOLD!
Lighting monuments and buildings in Gold or decorating them with gold ribbons are powerful means to draw attention to childhood cancer. To join the initiative, you can contact your local landmarks asking them to light or decorate in Gold on any day(s) in September. Then let SIOP know (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will ensure that the event is profiled throughout the SIOP communication channels.
Confirmed for 2021:
- BT Tower, London, UK (confirmed: 1 September 2021)
- Fifty-Nine Canadian Landmarks Lit Gold for Childhood Cancer
Follow SIOP on Twitter , Facebook and Instagram and share your activities with us by mentioning @WorldSIOP and the below suggested social media # – we will retweet/repost and include the event in our special Gold September Newsletter at the end of the month!
Suggested Twitter and Facebook tag
“Golden Tree” Graphic for download – click here
Social Media Wall
SPECIAL GOLD SEPTEMBER IMAGES
SIOP is happy to share our special Gold September Images – illustrations of survivor stories featuring the Gold Ribbon. You can use these freely in your own communications channels.