SIOP GLOBAL HEALTH EDUCATION AND TRAINING WORKING GROUP
Quarterly on Cure 4 Kids
The SIOP Global Health Education Working Group actively promotes the education and training of all health care providers and ancillary staff from resource-limited settings that participate in the care of children with cancer. The working group operates under the name of Cancer POINTE and they publish materials, information about training courses here: https://cancerpointe.com and over social media – Twitter: @CancerPOINTE, Facebook: CancerPOINTE and Instagram: @CancerPOINTE
We work to:
- Promote the education and training of all health care providers and ancillary staff from resource-limited settings that participate in the care of children with cancer.
- Facilitate connection of provider to available opportunities rather than creating opportunities
- Liaise with other SIOP Global Health WGs to foster collaboration especially in regards to the specific educational initiatives regarding patients, parents, nurses and other ancillary staff.
- Working with other SIOP Global Health working groups to host educational materials on the Training Centre site
- Developing a plan to redesign the Training Centre site to make it more accessible and navigable for the user
- Working on increasing awareness of the site through social media
- Expanding the “Find an Expert” program