June 4, 2020 - 12:00 am
Date & Time: Thursday, June 4, 2020 9:00 am Central Daylight Time (Chicago, GMT-05:00)
Nicole Scobie, President – Zoé4life, Board Member – Childhood Cancer International
- Luisa Basset-Salom, International representative of Fed. Española de Padres de Niños con Cáncer (Spain), Board Secretary Childhood Cancer International, Luisa Basset-Salom
- Miguela Caniza, MD, MPH, Director Global Infectious Diseases Program St. Jude Global
- Jaap den Hartogh, MA, Policy officer at Dutch Childhood Cancer Parent Organization, PanCare Board member, CCI Europe Committee member. Survivor representative
- Lars Hjorth, MD Associate Professor, Consultant Paediatric Oncology & Haematology, Department of Paediatrics, Skåne University Hospital
- Ruth Hoffman, MPH, CEO American Childhood Cancer Organization, President Childhood Cancer International, Co-Founder Access Initiative
- Melissa Hudson, MD, Department of Pediatrics College of Medicine University of Tennessee Health Science Center and Director, Cancer Survivorship Division St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Daniel McKenzie, Executive Director Kidzcan Zimbabwe, Board Member Childhood Cancer International
- Muhammad Saghir Khan, MD, Co-Chair SIOP-PODC, Tawam Hospital
An expert panel composed of parents, survivors, and healthcare professionals will discuss the impact of COVID-19 on NGOs, children with cancer and survivors. The discussion will also include the results of a survey conducted by Childhood Cancer International and additional topics such as access to medicine, treatment delays, and other concerns that patient families and survivors of childhood cancer may have. Please click here to join the webinar.
The Global COVID-19 Observatory and Resource Center is pleased to host COVID Conversations, a weekly live webinar to discuss difficult issues, address pressing questions, and hear the experiences of our colleagues when it comes to caring for children with cancer during this pandemic.