Hello, my name is Stephanie, and I am the Chair of the Young SIOP Network (formally called the Young Investigators Network) Education Day Committee for the 2021 Congress. I am delighted to tell you about our plans for the Young SIOP Network Expert Lunch at the 2021 Virtual Congress.
The Young SIOP Network Expert ‘Lunch’ is by far our most popular event. Every year, we ask Experts from a range of disciplines to host their own table. Each table has a theme and the event provides an opportunity for attendees and experts to meet and discuss topics informally.
Due to the need to hold the SIOP Congress virtually this year, the Young SIOP Network Expert Lunch has moved online and will take place with a small, group Zoom call for each ‘table’. We would love to encourage attendees to still share a meal during the call, be it breakfast, lunch, dinner or even a midnight snack depending on your time difference.
This year we have the following Experts attending the event:
- Professor Marianne van de Wetering is hosting our Supportive Care ‘table’
- Dr. Cynthia Gerhardt is hosting our Psycho-oncology ‘table’
- Dr. Louise Soanes is hosting our Adolescent and Young Adults ‘table’
- Professor Leontien Kremer is hosting our Survivorship and Late Effects ‘table’
- Dr. Ligia Fu is hosting our Paediatric Oncology in Developing Countries (PODC) ‘table’
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Rutkowski is hosting our Brain Tumors ‘table’
- Dr. Stephen Hunger is hosting our Leukaemia ‘table’
- Dr. Hal Siden is hosting our Palliative Care ‘table’
- Dr. Jeffrey Dome is hosting our Kidney Tumors ‘table’
- Dr. Abha Gupta is hosting our Sarcoma ‘table’
- Dr. David Malkin is hosting our Cancer Genetics ‘table’
- Dr. Wade Kyono is hosting our Cancer Treatment in Disparate Communities ‘table’
The Young SIOP Network Expert Lunch will take place on
Thursday, October 21st, 2021, from 12pm – 13:30pm EDT.
Registration is essential. The event is free to attend but you must already be registered to attend the Congress. Register here
*you must be registered for the virtual congress to attend the Expert Lunch free of charge