Supporting Action for Emergency Relief (SAFER) Ukraine, is a collaborative initiative to evacuate children with cancer and blood disorders to continue medical care in Europe and North America. To date, hundreds of children with cancer have been evacuated with many more to follow. It is critical that our childhood cancer community considers not only their medical needs, but also their psychosocial wellbeing. St Jude Global and the International Society of Pediatric Oncology are pleased to announce the launch of SAFER Conversations, a live webinar to discuss difficult issues, address pressing questions, and hear the experiences of our colleagues when it comes to meeting the psychosocial needs of displaced children with cancer and their families. This forum is for clinicians who are providing care for affected families around the world and aims to help us to stay connected, share learnings, and provide professional support to peers in these unprecedented times. While this series was inspired by the children of Ukraine, it builds on the history of our Alliance and we hope that the partnerships, lessons, and support it fosters will improve the care of children everywhere. Together, we can continue to strive for our goal that no child should die of cancer, anywhere or at any time. All panelists will speak in English, with simultaneous translation for this event in Ukrainian, Polish, and Spanish.
• Igor Sokolowski, Department of Microbiology and Pharmaceutical Biochemistry, Medical University of Lodz
• Inna Alabnboussi, Child Life Specialist, Tabletochki Charity Organization
• Laura Beek, Clinical Psychologist, Princess Maxima Center for Pediatric Oncology
• Erica Sirrine, Director of Social Work, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
• Lori Wiener, Director Psychosocial Support and Research Program, National Cancer Institute
• Carlos Rodriguez-Galindo, Director of St. Jude Global, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
• Dylan Graetz, Director of Culture and Communication Program, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
• Claire Wakefield, SIOP Oceania Continental President
All panelists will speak in English, with simultaneous translation for this event in Ukrainian, Polish and Spanish.
Link to register here