On behalf of the SIOP Board of Directors, we send you our best wishes for this holiday season.
COVID-19 has made it a very strange and difficult year for all of us, but nevertheless we have achieved many milestones and goals, among which we highlight:
- SIOP has our first patron, HRH Princess Dina Mired of Jordan
- Our 2020 congress was a success, with record-breaking numbers of delegates, despite needing to be completely virtual
- We supported the release of the first formal publication from the WHO Global Childhood Cancer Initiative on Dec 11th 2020 (access the publication here)
- We launched our Knowledge Centre
- We published rapid guidance, together with IPSO, PROS, COG, CCI and St Jude Global, to help clinical teams respond to the COVID pandemic.
- Our new strategic plan is well on its way and we are in the process of formalizing various Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with key partners and stakeholders.
- This includes joint working with St. Jude Global on several projects such as implementing Adapted Treatment Regimens into practical management guidelines, a global COVID resource centre and use of Cure4Kids.
All of this would not be possible without your commitment to our cause and for your efforts, all of which have helped make this an exciting and successful year for our society.
We would like to thank all our members, sponsors, partners, supporters & friends for their active role in the development and growth of our paediatric oncology community in the past year.
A special thanks and recognition goes to all individuals working hard in various committees, working groups, networks and other bodies within our organisation.
We look forward to continuing and strengthening our cooperation in 2021 as well.
May your holiday season and the New Year be filled with much joy, health, happiness and success!
Prof Kathy Pritchard-Jones on behalf of the SIOP Board of Directors