The International Outreach Committee of the Society for Neuro-Oncology is pleased to offer travel scholarships to colleagues in developing regions of the world to attend the 23rd Annual SNO Scientific Meeting and Education Day, November 15 – 18, 2018 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: JUNE 1, 2018
A total of seven $1500.00 scholarships* will be awarded at the discretion of the International Outreach Committee for each of the following geographical regions (one per region): South/Central America & the Caribbean, Central and Southern Africa, China & Associated Countries, Eastern Europe, Far East and Australasia, Indian Sub-Continent, and North Africa & the Middle East.
FOR INFORMATION AND TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION, CLICK HERE.
In order to be considered for one of the travel scholarships, the applicant must meet the following guidelines:
- Work and live outside the United States or Canada
- Be a medical professional with a focus in neuro-oncology
- Could otherwise not attend without the benefit of a travel scholarship
- Is not the presenting author of an abstract being submitted to the SNO meeting
- Have no visa issues entering the United States (SNO cannot provide visa assistance other than providing a letter of invitation)
- Complete accompanying application and return by June 1, 2018. Applicants will be notified via email by July 6, 2018 if their application is accepted for a scholarship
SNO will arrange and provide hotel accommodations and complimentary registration to the entire meeting. The award winner will be responsible for arranging his or her own air transportation to and from the meeting.
*The award, in the amount of $1500.00 USD, will be presented to the winning applicants on-site at the meeting in New Orleans.
We urge you to forward this e-mail on to interested colleagues in developing regions of the world.