What does it mean to be a SIOP social media ambassador?
SIOP 2021 Social media ambassadors campaign will mean identifying a dedicated group of social media users who will actively tweet and post before and during the Meeting on lectures/topics/tracks they are personally interested in – pre-meeting and during-meeting video entries to create and maintain the buzz around the upcoming event, and during the event itself.
- Increase engagement
- Cultivate trust
- Strengthening the Scientific messaging virtually
- Create an active community
Leading the online #SIOP2021 conversation
- Promote the use of #SIOP2021 before, during and after the Congress
- At the beginning of each month leading up to the event, the ambassadors will receive an e-mail with marketing material to share, including relevant deadlines and social media tips.
- Post at least twice a month leading up to the Meeting.
- When posting about the Meeting, always use #SIOP2021
- Be active during the event:
- Live tweet from scientific sessions, tweet opinion posts, re-tweeting important updates from the SIOP channel
- A chance to reach out to speakers of choice and conduct an interview with them after sessions (with assistance of onsite SIOP social media rep)
- Share a short video of themselves wrapping up 1 or 2 congress days, answering to – what are your #SIOP2021 key take -aways/highlights from today?
- Encourage others to share their experiences
- Optional: Share a short video of themselves about why they are attending the event and/or a quote answering the question:
- “What makes SIOP unique?”
- “What are you looking forward at #SIOP2021”
- The role does not require any more than a total of 2-3 hours a month of an ambassador’s own time in the months leading up to the congress.
- On-site: The role will not require more than an hour in total per congress day.
Benefits for our ambassadors:
- Win a free registration to the SIOP 2022 Barcelona Meeting (*terms and conditions apply)
- Win a free SIOP membership for 2022 (*terms and conditions apply)
- All 2021 Social Media Ambassadors are automatically invited to a Meet & Greet Tapas Event in Barcelona 2022
- Professional Recognition – Be featured in the congress social media channels and on the website
- Recognition onsite as a social media ambassador (a special cover created for you to put on your social media channels during onsite) + a dedicated SoMe Ambassadors landing page on SIOP 2021’ website and official recognition from SIOP’s SoMe accounts)
- An official SIOP Certificate of Appreciation for all social media promotional tasks completed (please refer to slide 7) throughout the campaign
*top-ten influencers according to their Symplr/Hashtracking Ranking will be eligible for a free SIOP 2022 membership & top three will receive a free SIOP 2022 Barcelona Congress registration
Questions? Contact us