Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and LSU Health Science Center – Shreveport seek a full-time BC/BE Pediatric Hematology/Oncology physician in the Department of Pediatrics. We are seeking a Full-Time physician at the Assistant or Associate Professor level. Applicants must qualify for a Louisiana license and be BC/BE in Pediatrics and Hematology/Oncology. This position is for inpatient and outpatient care, as well as teaching residents and medical students.
Primary responsibilities include patient care, resident education, and medical student education. Protected time is available to pursue clinical and/or laboratory research interests. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Highlights of the Position:
- Our faculty includes 14 full-time and 7 part-time General Pediatricians and 21 full-time subspecialists
- Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – 40 bed unit
- 23 pediatric beds in patient ward and an 8-bed pediatric intensive care unit
- One of 8 Children’s Hospitals in the country affiliated with Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Children’s Clinical Research Center with a dedicated 3-bed clinical trial unit and laboratory, which supports 10-12 NIH and Pharma-sponsored clinical trials annually. Inpatient and outpatient subjects.
- Pediatric Level II Trauma Center
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans Available
- Vacation / Scheduled Time Off