Time and Effort: 100% (40 hours a week)
Home-based in Bulgaria
Tentative Start Date: February 1, 2021*
Initial Contract: 12 months**
Established in 1969, the International Society for Paediatric Oncology (SIOP) is the only global multidisciplinary society entirely devoted to paediatric and adolescent cancers. With a steadily growing membership, SIOP currently unites over 2,600 healthcare professionals and researchers working with paediatric patients worldwide. The community shares a strong common purpose: to increase survival rates, to improve quality of survival and to ensure care for all. Among other initiatives, the Society runs an Annual Congress on pediatric oncology, attended by 3,000 delegates from 134 countries globally.
As activities have increased, the Society wishes to recruit a dedicated administrative coordinator to support the SIOP Secretariat, the Board of Directors and the leaders of the Society’s Committees, Working Groups and Task Forces with the day-to-day business of the Society, its various activities, and operations. The person will work closely with the SIOP Executive Director and other team members to ensure every aspect of the Society’s administration and operations is optimized and managed in accordance with association guidelines and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have experience with a non-profit organization. Attention to culture, community and mission must be a continuous focus. Strong writing skills and written and oral fluency in English are of utmost importance.
- Support the SIOP Secretariat with all administrative management tasks
- Support the Executive Director with setting up bank payment requests, filing of receipts and other financial documents, and other financial management tasks
- Schedule and organize meetings of the Board of Directors, Committees/Working Groups/Task Forces; develop and circulateagendas; write and share meeting minutes and action points; keep track of implementation of the agreed-upon action points
- Plan and communicate logistical arrangements and reimbursement processing to participants in various meetings (Board, Scientific Committee etc)
- Assist with communications to the Society’s members (newsletters, updates) and to various Working Groups/Task Forces/Committees using email and the listserv manager (MailChimp)
- Assist with the development of promotional materials and various publications, print and online materials for the Society, including working with printing houses, graphic designers, proofreading and quality assurance
- Plan, track and prioritize tasks in timelines and work schedule and adherence to deadlines
- Provide onsite support during the Annual Congress by manning the Society’s info booth, responding to member inquiries etc
- Support the website content management of the Society’s website using WordPress
- Develop and post messages on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to promote the Society’s events, achievements, publications etc
- Coordinate the development of the Annual Report of the Society
- Drive efforts to increase and retain the members of the Society through membership renewal email campaigns
Key Skills and Attributes
- Willing to accept a freelance contract (work as independent freelancer)***
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and accuracy in processing information
- Ability to prioritize and multitask (4-6 projects simultaneously)
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Pro-active approach – ability to foresee problems before they occur
- Service oriented – ability to communicate effectively with our members and partners
- Strong collaboration skills and a good team player
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary and remotely based teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to draft correspondence in English; fluency in another foreign language (French, Spanish etc) is an advantage.
- Position requires travel abroad from time to time, post-pandemic, at approximately 2 trips per year.All travel expenses will be reimbursed by the Society.
- Interest in working for an international non-profit organization
- The consultant must have access to internet and a personal computer and be willing to work late night on occasion when we have online meetings that need support
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences required.
- Proven experience in an administrative role or other relevant experience.
- Fluency in English (written and oral) at a native speaker/mother tongue level required (candidates will be given a test)
- Tech savvy: excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)and Internet research skills. Familiarity with Newsletter technology (MailChimp) and Website Content Management Software (CMS) such as WordPress and survey software (SurveyMonkey) are an advantage.
- Experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) is an advantage.
- Willingness to learn on the job and be coached and mentored.
Compensation for this position would be EUR 1666 per month (one thousand six hundred sixty-six euros per month) flat-rate with no additional benefits (Note: other reasonable out-of-pocket expenses such as travel, accommodation etc. for business trips will be reimbursed upon receipt)
Please email your CV, cover letter, and the contact details (name, title, company, email, phone) of 3 references to: Susanne Wollaert <firstname.lastname@example.org> by January 15, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to take a short test in English prior to a Skype Video interview with the Executive Director of SIOP. References of the top candidates will be checked only after permission from the candidates.
*SIOP may have some flexibility on the start date to accommodate the best candidate.
**Extension of the contract is subject to strong performance, availability of funds and the needs of the Society.
***SIOP will offer a consultancy contract to the successful candidate (консултантски договор за консултанти на свободна практика). Apart from the monthly consultancy fee paid to the consultant via a bank transfer, the consultant will not receive any other payments/benefits and is expected to handle all applicable taxes, pension contributions, insurance etc by himself or herself. Please apply only if you are willing to accept a consultancy contract.