SIOP is calling upon its members in order to contribute to the mission of the Society and its collaborative work in paediatric oncology education, research and advocacy around the world by nominating themselves or another member for election as SIOP Scientific Committee Member (two positions will be available).
We wish to have a fair representation of clinical and translational research in hematology, solid non-CNS tumors and CNS tumors all well as other disciplines such as supportive care, late effects, and epidemiology for example.
Since the core SIOP Scientific Committee is limited to 4 members (plus nurse representative and LOC Chair), the committee relies heavily on the Scientific Programme Advisory Committee (SPAC).
A SIOP Scientific Committee member is expected to have the following prerequisites:
- Be an experienced, accredited senior health professional in the field of paediatric oncology
- Have an established track record in education, (teaching), research and publication
- Have broad-ranging expertise in the field of paediatric oncology, for which she/he is the representative on the Scientific Committee
- Show commitment and be in a position to sustain reliable communication (especially e-mail) with the SIOP Office
- All positions require substantial commitment of time and energy. Consequently candidates should be willing to commit him/herself to the task, including to attend 2 – 3 Scientific Committee meetings per year
Candidates are proposed by a Nominating Committee, which will receive suggestions from any member of the Society. The secretariat should receive written confirmation from the candidate(s) that the person is willing to accept the nomination, if elected.Election Timeline
Announcement Call for Nominations: November 27, 2015
Deadline for Nominations: January 29, 2016
Selection of Candidates by Nomination Committee*
Announcement of Candidates & Online Voting: February 15, 2016
Online Voting Deadline: March 14, 2016
Result announcement: At the Annual Business Meeting during the 48th Annual Meeting in Dublin.
*Nomination Committee comprises of the current Executive Board, current Scientific Committee plus the President of each of the continental sub-groups.
How can I nominate a candidate?
Download and complete the Nomination Form – SIOP_2016_SC_Member_Nomination_form_FINAL
Use the Subject Title “SIOP Election 2016 – Scientific Committee Member”
Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: January 29, 2016
We kindly remind you that you must be a member in good standing in order to have full voting rights. If you have not renewed your SIOP membership for 2016 yet, please click here.
The term of office will start after the SIOP 2016 Annual Meeting in Dublin.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and your commitment as a member is of vital importance to the Society ambien, and we strongly count on your support in helping us shape the future of the society.
Your SIOP Secretariat