Congratulations to our 2018 Awardees:
|Nhan||Nguyen Thi Thanh||Vietnam|
For each annual meeting, SIOP provides scholarships to people who have insufficient resources to participate and to travel to the meeting. Successful candidates will receive financial support towards their travel and accommodation costs up to EUR 1500 and free registration to the annual meeting. Additionally, the SIOP board has decided to award all scholarship winners with a free SIOP membership with the wish that you will continue to be an active member.
Who may apply
- Paediatric oncology nurses from low and lower middle income countries according to the World Bank list (click here to view your eligibility)
- Applicant has submitted an abstract for poster or oral presentation
- Must have valid passport and visa as required
- Curriculum vitae (CV) Maximum 2 pages
- Two letters of recommendation with one from a direct supervisor
- Maximum 300 word essay (Personal Cover Letter) that includes the following:
- Nursing employment history
- Statement of practice (why are you a pediatric oncology nurse)?
- Description of how attending SIOP conference will enhance your nursing practice
Nurses who are awarded scholarships are expected to attend 80% of SIOP conference sessions and to participate in the SIOP Nursing pre-conference workshop. A “buddy” will be assigned who will have attended previous SIOP conferences and will serve as your guide to the conference.