This award(s) is given annually to a member of the Young SIOP Network who has demonstrated substantial contribution to the field of pediatric oncology in the early stages of their career.
- Incentivize and retain Young SIOP Membership
- Celebrate and recognize achievements of Young SIOP members from all disciplines that are not specific to a single research project or paper
- Are members of the Young SIOP Network
- Have demonstrated significant contributions to the field of pediatric oncology in the early stages of their career including, but not limited to:
- Leadership & Program development
- Quality Improvement Initiatives
- Contributions to SIOP or Young SIOP Network
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL RECEIVE:
- Membership x 2 years
- Funding towards SIOP Congress registration and/or travel expenses (maximum 1500 Euro)
- Recognition in the SIOP Annual Report & Formal Certificate of Achievement
- Invitation to present their work and achievements as part of the Young SIOP Education Day during the year of their award
Applications will be reviewed by SIOP secretariat to ensure completeness and eligibility is maintained. Full applications will be reviewed by the Young SIOP Network Steering Group and selected parties recommended to the SIOP Board for approval.
All reported achievements will be weighed relative to opportunity. For example, those with less years or support available to them may have contributed less overall, but proportionately may have had greater impact. Applicants may highlight this in their submission.
- Cover Letter (1 – 2 page limit)
- This is the applicant’s opportunity to provide justification for their eligibility for the award. Can include discussion of professional background, work accomplishments, engagement with SIOP, etc.
- Applicant’s CV
- Letters of Support (2)
- Two letters of recommendation should be provided, one from a peer and one from a mentor
- Contents should provide details regarding relationship and experience working with the applicant, reasons for supporting the applicant toward the award, and their contributions to the field of pediatric oncology
- Age Limit
- If you are over age 40 (i.e., born earlier than 1983) but you feel you merit consideration for ongoing Young SIOP membership due to delays in training or otherwise, please explicitly state this in your application.
Congratulations to our 2023 “Rising Star” Award Recipient:
Chalinee Monsereenusorn (Thailand)
2022: Khaled Ghanam (Syria)