Steering Group Members: Sarah Cohen-Gogo, Monica Cypriano, Amita Trehan, Adedayo Joseph, Eman Al-Shamsi, Giselle Saulnier-Sholler
The SIOP Women Leaders in Paediatric Oncology (WLPO) Network aims to promote female leadership in paediatric oncology and camaraderie among female professionals in global health through public events, role modelling and networking opportunities. The Network aims to contribute to building the next generation of talented female professionals in paediatric oncology.
The main initiative of the Network is to organise a series of online/in-person events that feature women leaders of paediatric oncology and their work in the paediatric oncology field. Through these activities, the Network will strengthen bonds among female members of the Society, enable SIOP members to support each other and celebrate female leadership in paediatric oncology. Activities will be of interest to all SIOP members who are interested in advancing gender equity in paediatric oncology. Experience in other sectors teaches us that having a wide variety of female role models tends to boost the aspirations and career achievements of early-career female professionals.
FLAGSHIP EVENTS FEATURING WOMEN LEADERS IN PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY
- Event 1: October 1, 2022: Dr. Katherine Matthay (USA) and Dr. Raya Saab (Lebanon)
- Event 2: December 9, 2022: Dr. Lori Wiener (USA), Rachel Hollis (UK), Dr. Naureen Mushtaq (Pakistan)
- Event 3: May 2023, exact date/ time tbd
- Event 4: October 2023, exact date/ time tbd
FOLLOW THE WLPO NETWORK ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
- Twitter: @PedOnco_Women
- LinkedIn Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12668604/