Chair and Steering Group
Yan Yin Lim, RN, MSc, BSN (Singapore)
Elianeth A. Kiteni, RN, BScN, PGD M&E, MSc ON (Tanzania)
WHO WE ARE:
The SIOP Nursing Network is a global community of SIOP paediatric oncology nurse members and other health professionals representing 75+ countries. We aspire toward a world where all children and adolescents with cancer have access to and receive specialised nursing care. To achieve this vision, we are committed to the mission of advancing the quality of nursing care of children and adolescents with cancer and their families across the care continuum through global collaboration, education, training, research, and advocacy. The 2023-2027 SIOP Nursing Network Strategic Plan sets the network’s vision, mission, core values, and strategic goals for the next five years. Our ultimate goal is to support an active year-round nursing community where everyone has a place, a voice, and an opportunity to get involved and connected. We also aim to spotlight nurses’ activities in various networks and committees across the Society and intercontinentally.
WHAT WE DO:
SIOP Nursing Network Steering Group:
- The Steering Group is the elected decision-making body of the SIOP Nursing Network, representing nurses within the Society and bringing forward recommendations and/or requests to the SIOP Board of Directors in nursing-related matters.
- Members oversee coordination of the annual SIOP Nursing Congress Programme and Nursing Network-related activities, strategic directions, working groups, and initiatives. The Steering Group promotes opportunities for nursing collaboration and involvement across the Society and beyond.
SIOP Nursing Network:
- Nursing Network members have access to benefits such as participating in the annual congress, scholarships, working groups, committees, initiatives, social media communities and other professional development opportunities.
- Making Global Connections- February 2021
- Making Global Connections-Special Issue, June 2020
- Pergert_2019_An ethical imperative_Safety and specialization as nursing priorities
- SIOP PODC Nursing Working Group Baseline Standards Peds Onc Nsg 2014
- Building the evidence for nursing practice: Learning from a structured review of SIOP abstracts, 2003-2012
- Paediatric oncology nursing care in low- and middle-income countries: A need for baseline standards