These awards are designed to give Young Investigators, working in the field of paediatric oncology, the opportunity to present their original research at the SIOP Annual Meeting.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Free congress registration
- Free Young SIOP Membership (two-year membership)
- Financial support towards their travel and accommodation cost up to EUR 1500 (does not apply for virtual congress)
Depending on the global situation in 2023 due to the pandemic, we will consider add. costs for attendees (i.e. testing etc.).
• be under the age of 40 years (age is not an absolute limit; please email us with your argumentation and we are happy to review)
• be active in paediatric oncology; full time or at least 30%
• submit an abstract to the SIOP Annual Meeting as per the abstract submission rules and guidelines (review here)
Awards will be given to the highest ranking abstracts, selected according to the predefined general quality criteria, i.e. prospective multicentre studies, as well as presentation of large translational projects.
“The SIOP YI award allowed me to attend a conference where I could present my work to a wide variety of clinicians and scientists. I met some great people – both YIs and established investigators – and these are connections that I will keep through my career.”
Jack Brzezinski2016 Young Investigator Award Winner
The YI Award enabled me to attend the SIOP Annual Meeting and present the results of my research, listen to other very interesting presentations and meet new inspiring people!