These awards are designed to give Young Investigators, working in the field of paediatric oncology, the opportunity to present their original research at the SIOP Annual Meeting.
Successful candidates will receive the following benefits:
- Free congress registration
- Free access to the Young Investigator Educational Day
- Free SIOP Young Investigator Membership for one year
- Financial support towards their travel and accommodation cost up to EUR 1500
• be under the age of 40 years
• be active in paediatric oncology; full time or at least 30%
• submit an abstract to the SIOP Annual Meeting; awards will be given to the highest ranking abstracts, selected according to the predefined general quality criteria, i.e. prospective multicentre studies, as well as presentation of large translational projects
• the work described in the abstract should be original research and should not have been presented elsewhere
Information & Documents
Please prepare the following information before you begin your application:
• Abstract information
– Abstract title
– Abstract number
– Abstract topic
• SIOP Membership number (optional – but we strongly encourage you to become a member)
Congratulations to our 2018 Awardees!
“The SIOP YI award allowed me to attend a conference where I could present my work to a wide variety of clinicians and scientists. I met some great people – both YIs and established investigators – and these are connections that I will keep through my career.”
Jack Brzezinski2016 Young Investigator Award Winner
The YI Award enabled me to attend the SIOP Annual Meeting and present the results of my research, listen to other very interesting presentations and meet new inspiring people!