Hosting the SIOP Annual Congress
If your city fulfills all or nearly all of the below criteria, we encourage you to send us your bid, summarising the required information as per the criteria in the bid manual for SIOP congresses:
- The infrastructure for a conference of 2400-2800 delegates exists.
- A core local organising committee (LOC) is named.
- The organisation backing the bid is identified.
- The dates of the meeting are clear and avoid a conflict with other major meetings and recognised religious holidays.
- Housing for delegates is available across the price range.
- The conference centre is easily accessible from the accommodation (preferably an easy walk).
- The city is accessible easily and frequently by air/ground transport.
- The likely cost of attendance at the Congress is acceptable to potential delegates.
- Your city has not recently hosted a SIOP Congress (view archives of previous congresses here).
Congresses rotate among SIOP continents: Asia/Oceania/Latin America/Africa, North America, and Europe.
|Asia/Oceania/ Latin America/Africa
|Amsterdam, the Netherlands
|San Antonio, USA
|Asia/Oceania/ Latin America/Africa – is open
Eligibility to host the SIOP Annual Meeting
Bids to host the SIOP Annual Meeting can be made by any individual member in good standing in collaboration with the local convention centre, and/or tourism bureau to the SIOP Office.
Further details and criteria can be found in the bidding manual.