Dear friends & colleagues,
If you are already a Scientific Programme Advisory Working Group member (check here), please ignore this message, but we encourage you to share this call among your colleagues who might be interested to serve on our committee.
The SIOP Scientific Programme Advisory Working Group (former Scientific Programme Advisory Committee “SPAC”) has been founded in 2008 and consists of experts in specific fields of paediatric oncology.
The WG plays a vital role in creating the program for our annual congress. WG members suggest topics for Keynotes, Symposia, and Meet the Expert Sessions at the Congress and review and score submitted abstracts to help the Scientific Committee (SC) select abstracts for oral and poster presentation.
WG members are selected by the Scientific Committee following nomination and serve 3-year terms. Members are expected to be internationally-recognized experts in their field with appropriate clinical, translational and basic research accomplishments and publications.
Benefits of being a member?
- Members are eligible to register for the annual meeting with the Early-Bird-Rate after the deadline
- SIOP Office can issue a member certificate for your CV
- We invite everybody to a networking reception during the annual meeting (if held in person) to hear feedback and enjoy each other’s company!
Key dates for the SIOP Annual Congress 2023 (Ottawa, Canada, 11 – 14 October) are:
- Abstract submission opens: January 2023
- Suggestions for Keynotes, Symposia, or Meet the Expert Sessions for the 2024 SIOP Annual Congress in Honolulu, Hawaii, USA are collected via our electronic submission system here.
- Planning for the Hawaii meeting will start at the Scientific Committee meeting in May/June 2023.
- Abstract submission & Proposal submission closes : March 22, 2023 (no extension)
- Early Bird Deadline will end early July, 2023 (NB : SIOP Scientific Programme Advisory WG members can benefit from the early bird rate after the deadline as well and need to email the SIOP Office in case)
- Note that the on-line abstract review will take place during a 2-3-week period from April 3-17, 2023. You will receive a save-the-date, login details, review instructions, reminders to review by email from our scientific programme coordinator.
We are currently soliciting applications for new members in the following categories:
- Acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL)
- Myeloid Leukemias, Myelodysplastic and Myeloproliferative Syndromes
- Stem cell transplantation
- Brain Tumors (CNS)
- Germ Cell Tumours
- Rare Tumors and Histiocytic Disorders
- Renal Tumours
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Supportive/Palliative Care
- Tumor Biology, Immunology and Immunotherapy
Please submit your application via our online form (incl. your CV) here or under the button below.
Deadline for application is: January 24, 2023 (12:00 noon CET).
We embrace a diversity of backgrounds and are also particularly interested in applications of potential WG members from regions outside of North America and Western Europe.
Applicants must be fluent in written and verbal English.
Thank you very much,
Chair, Scientific Committee