Dear SIOP members,
SIOP is calling upon its members to contribute to the mission of the Society and its collaborative work in paediatric oncology education, research and advocacy. SIOP is inviting nominations/self-nominations for the following Board-level position:
- Global Health Network (GHN) co-chair Elect (based in low, middle, or high-income country): the position holder co-chairs the SIOP Global Health Network and is a member of the SIOP Board of Directors
The GHN co-chair Elect assumes their “elected” role from their appointment date in early 2023 until October 2023 when their full term as GHN co-chair begins. The position-holder is invited to attend SIOP Board of Directors and GHN meetings during their “elected” period as an observer.
The SIOP Global Health Network is led by two Co-Chairs. At any time, at least one Co-Chair must live, and work in a low- or middle-income country (LMIC Co-Chair), while the second Co-Chair can be from a low, middle, or high-income country (General Co-Chair).
Also, it might be important for you to know that Muhammad Saghir Khan has been re-elected to a second term this year (2022-2025) and brings in-depth knowledge and a long-term experience within the GHN to the network and this role.
Candidates are encouraged to review the Global Health Network website prior to applying.
The Global Health Network co-chair must be a SIOP member in good standing and fulfill the following criteria:
- Be living and working in low, middle, or high-income country
- Candidates must have demonstrated a serious commitment to SIOP GHN, either as a current or recent GHN working group leader, or had another senior leadership position relevant to the GHN
- Be an experienced, accredited senior health professional in the field of paediatric oncology (we encourage applications from all disciplines)
- Have an established track record in education, research and publication
- Be experienced and competent in childhood cancer healthcare, administrative and advocacy areas
- Preferably have previous experience at a National/ Regional/International Paediatric Society level
- Show commitment to and be in a position to sustain reliable communication (especially e-mail) with the SIOP Secretariat
- Be willing to serve 3 years from October 2023 to October 2026
- The position requires substantial commitment of time and energy and consequently, candidates should be willing to commit themselves to the task
If you have any other questions about this position and to find out more about GHN and your responsibilities etc.,both our co-chairs would be more than happy to schedule a brief call with you and simply email us at email@example.com for setting up a conversation.
Candidates can either self-nominate or be nominated.
All candidates are then reviewed by the SIOP Global Health Network Steering Group and the final slate (no more than three candidates) will be determined by formal endorsement by the SIOP Board for online election by the SIOP Global Health membership (the voting body).
If you nominate someone, please make sure that the proposed candidate is willing to accept the nomination and willing to serve.
Deadline for Nominations: February 22, 2023 (12:00 midnight CET)
Result Announcement: The GHN co-chair Elect will be announced to the SIOP membership by email within 6 weeks of the close of the nomination process and offically announced at the SIOP 2023 Annual Business Meeting & SIOP GNH Business Meeting (SIOP GH Annual Assembly) in Ottawa, Canada.
HOW CAN I NOMINATE A CANDIDATE?
To submit a nomination/self-nomination, please email firstname.lastname@example.org . You will need to attach a CV, a motivation letter and a photo.
SIOP is committed to creating a Board of Directors with a diversity of experience and perspectives, including diversity with respect to ethnicity, age, gender, geography, and areas of expertise.
We look forward to receiving your nominations! We strongly count on your support in helping us shape the future of the Society.
Muhammad Saghir Khan & Michael Sullivan
Global Health Network co-chairs