SIOP is calling upon its members in order to contribute to the mission of the Society and its collaborative work in paediatric oncology education, research and advocacy around the world by nominating themselves or another member for election as SIOP Treasurer Elect.
A SIOP Executive Board member should fulfil the following criteria
- Be an experienced, accredited senior health professional in the field of paediatric oncology
- Have an established track record in education, (teaching), research and publication
- Be experienced and competent in medical, administrative and political areas
- Preferably have previous experience at National/ Regional/International Paediatric Society level
- Show commitment and be in a position to sustain reliable communication (especially e-mail) with the SIOP Office
- All positions require substantial commitment of time and energy. Consequently, candidates should be willing to commit him (her) self to the task
- Competence to evaluate SIOP and Congress budgets (with support of the secretariat)
- Competence to assess professional audits and provide annual financial reports (with support of the secretariat)
View the detailed SIOP Treasurer and Treasurer Elect Profile Summary – click here
Candidates are proposed by a Nominating Committee, which will receive suggestions from any member of the Society. The secretariat should receive written confirmation from the candidate(s) that the person is willing to accept the nomination, if elected.
Announcement Call for Nominations: November 28, 2016
Deadline for Nominations: January 23, 2017 (12:00 noon CET)
Selection of Candidates by Nomination Committee*
Announcement of Candidates & Online Voting: February 27, 2017
Online Voting Deadline: March 14, 2017
Result announcement: At the Annual Business Meeting during the 49th Annual Meeting in Washington DC (USA).
*Nomination Committee comprises of the current Executive Board plus the President of each of the continental sub-groups.
HOW CAN I NOMINATE A CANDIDATE?
Download and complete the Nomination Form – click here
Use the Subject Title “SIOP Election 2017 – Nomination Treasurer Elect”
Send nominations to email@example.com
DEADLINE: January 23, 2017 (12:00 noon CET)
Due to the current geographic composition of the Executive Board, we would like to encourage nominations outside of North America.
We kindly remind you that you must be a member in good standing in order to have full voting rights. If you have not renewed your SIOP membership yet, please click here.
The term of office will start after the SIOP 2017 Annual Meeting in Washington DC (USA).
We look forward to receiving your nominations and your commitment as a member is of vital importance to the Society, and we strongly count on your support in helping us shape the future of the society.
Paul Rogers & Scott Howard
SIOP Secretary General & Secretary General Elect