SIOP 2019 Election Updates
Call for Nominations - Treasurer Elect
SIOP is calling upon its members in order to contribute to the mission of the Society and its collaborative work in paediatric oncology education, research and advocacy around the world by nominating themselves or another member for election as SIOP Treasurer Elect.
A SIOP Executive Board member should fulfil the following criteria
• Be an experienced, accredited senior health professional in the field of paediatric oncology
• Have an established track record in education, (teaching), research and publication
• Be experienced and competent in medical, administrative and political areas
• Preferably have previous experience at National/ Regional/International Paediatric Society level
• Show commitment and be in a position to sustain reliable communication (especially e-mail) with the SIOP Office
• All positions require substantial commitment of time and energy. Consequently, candidates should be willing to commit him (her) self to the task
• Competence to evaluate SIOP and Congress budgets (with support of the secretariat)
• Competence to assess professional audits and provide annual financial reports (with support of the secretariat)
View the detailed SIOP Treasurer and Treasurer Elect Profile Summary – click here
Candidates are proposed by a Nominating Committee, which will receive suggestions from any member of the Society. You will need to make sure that the proposed candidate is willing to accept the nomination.
Announcement Call for Nominations: January 17 , 2019
Deadline for Nominations: February 13, 2019 (12:00 noon CET)
Selection of Candidates by Nomination Committee*
Announcement of Candidates & Online Voting: February 28, 2019 (12:00 noon CET)
Result announcement: At the Annual Business Meeting during the 51st Annual Meeting in Lyon, France and by email.
*Nomination Committee comprises of the current Board of Directors.
HOW CAN I NOMINATE A CANDIDATE?
We kindly remind you that you must be a member in good standing in order to have full voting rights.
If you have not renewed your membership for 2019, please click here
Click here or on the submission link below and submit your nomination directly online.
The term of office as Treasurer Elect will start at the SIOP 2019 Annual Meeting in Lyon (France) and he/she will continue as Treasurer as of the 2020 Ottawa meeting.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and your commitment as a member is of vital importance to the Society, and we strongly count on your support in helping us shape the future of the society.
SIOP Secretary General