The PODC Palliative Care working group seeks to facilitate education, implementation and evaluation efforts in palliative care for children with cancer globally, particularly in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC). To this end, we welcome multidisciplinary members and partnerships for research, advocacy, capacity building and educational efforts.
We welcome members from all settings but particularly those working in LMIC.
We look forward to partnering together so that more children, adolescents and young adults can benefit from palliative care in diverse regions of the world.
Create and circulate a repository of core publications and resources relevant to pediatric palliative services in LMIC.
Facilitate efforts to map and define services and tools relevant for pediatric palliative care education, implementation and evaluation in LMIC.
Promote networking and active collaborations among interested interdisciplinary care providers, researchers and advocates, including those working in sectors outside pediatric oncology.
- Build and disseminate online repository of resources, including non-English items
- Pilot Template: Pediatric palliative care service profile in LMIC
- Pilot Template: Pediatric palliative care case presentations from LMIC
- Facilitate development of practice guidance documents and knowledge tools (e.g., procedural pain management for children with cancer in LMIC)
- Facilitate identification of competencies, curriculum, and resources in education and training relevant for pediatric palliative care in LMIC
- Promote networking and collaborations via establishment of Regional Liaisons and LinkedIn platform
- Advocate for global practices upholding quality of life for children and families (e.g. Global Taskforce to end Hospital Detention Practices)
- Co-host with the Global Neuroblastoma Network (GNN) – Pediatric Palliative Care & Symptom Management Educational Series