The SIOP GLOBAL HEALTH Palliative Care working group seeks to facilitate education, implementation and evaluation of efforts in palliative care for children with cancer globally, particularly in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC) in collaboration with the developed world. The group welcomes multidisciplinary members and partners in the fields of research, advocacy, capacity building and education. We look forward to ensuring that more children, adolescents and young adults have access to palliative care in various parts of the world.
Advocacy; Globally for Children and Adolescents with Cancer.
Education and Training.
Networking and active collaborations among interested interdisciplinary care providers, researchers and advocates, including those working in sectors outside pediatric oncology.
Strengthening and expanding strategic partnerships.
Membership and Engagement.
- Educational sessions, webinars, virtual meetings and SIOP certified exams (priced CME tests)
- Providing education/awareness links to parents, patients, survivors and their communities during and after treatment.
- Opportunities for members to engage with SIOP’s work by embracing new technologies for communication, interaction and learning.
- To enhance palliative research growth.
- Integrating pediatric palliative care in pediatric oncology into LMIC settings.