Abandonment of treatment working group
once a month
“Research has no borders”
The SIOP Global Health YOUNG LMIC (Low-and middle-income countries) Working Group is a joint undertaking between Young SIOP and SIOP Global Health representing the interests of young professionals in the field of pediatric oncology living in LMICs. It provides an important platform for young professionals in LMICs to exercise leadership, develop personally and professionally. The group welcomes any SIOP Global Health Member under age 40 or less than 5 years out from professional training or outside of a definitive posting.
- Advocacy and Inclusion- Integrate interests of young professionals living in LMICs within SIOP and SIOP Global Health initiatives
- Tailored Career Development – Training, mentoring, networking, and collaboration within the SIOP community
- Foster a learning environment that embraces diversity
- Strengthen and expand strategic partnerships.
- Educational sessions, webinars, and virtual meetings
- Providing educational opportunities for career development in research and clinical skills.
- Identify opportunities for members to engage with SIOP Global Health working group and facilitate opportunities for early career leadership roles.
- Dedicated sessions at the SIOP annual meeting.
- Networking and mentorship opportunities for members.
- Contributing to the Young SIOP blog.