UICC members welcome the new President, President-Elect and Board of Directors for 2022 to 2024
At yesterday’s General Assembly, UICC full members welcomed the new President Prof. Jeff Dunn AO, and voted for the 2022-2024 Board of Directors, including the new President-Elect.
The outgoing president, Prof. Anil D’Cruz, chaired the event, which included presentations by Dr Cary Adams, CEO of UICC and Prof. Jeff Dunn AO, incoming President of UICC for the period 2020-2022.
Full members began casting their votes for President-elect and new Board Members via a dedicated link as early as midnight Geneva time on 11th October (2am GMT). The General Assembly started at 2pm (12pm GMT).
During the General Assembly, members received updates and were provided with input on UICC’s work and complete constitutional duties, including the approval of 2020 General Assembly minutes, 2020-2021 accounts. They also discharged the CEO and current Board of their responsibilities.
Ulrika Årehed Kågström was nominated as President-Elect and will assume the presidency of UICC in October 2024 at the next General Assembly, succeeding Professor Dunn.
Ms Kågström has served as Secretary General of Cancerfonden (Swedish Cancer Society) since 2016. Previously, she worked in the humanitarian sector as Secretary General of the Swedish Red Cross. She also has extensive experience in governance as chair and member of boards such as the Nordic Cancer Union.
Board of Directors
UICC’s Board of Directors for 2022-2024 was also elected during the online voting. Elected Board Members hail from UICC member organisations representing Australia, Brazil, Canada, India, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, USA.
- Matti Aapro, Immediate Past-President, European Cancer Organisation, Switzerland
- Stella Aguinaga Bialous, Professor, University of California, San Francisco, USA
- Eric Bouffet, Director of the Paediatric Neuro-Oncology Program, International Society of Paediatric Oncology and the Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto (Canada)
- Maira Caleffi, Volunteer President FEMAMA (Federação Brasileira de Instituições Filantrópicas de Apoio à Saúde da Mama), Brazil
- Hana Chaar Choueib, General Manager Children’s Cancer Center of Lebanon (CCCL)
- Cristiana Fonseca, Health Education Coordinator, Portuguese League Against Cancer, Northern Branch
- Gilberto Lopes, Professor of Clinical Medicine, Associate Director for the Cancer Center, Hematology and Medical Oncology Fellowship Director, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami (USA)
- Kenji López Cuevas, Lawyer; Founder and President, Cancer Warriors of Mexico
- Asem Mansour, Chief Executive Officer/Director General, King Hussein Cancer Center, Amman Jordan
- Miriam Mutebi, Clinical Epidemiologist & Health Systems Researcher; Consultant Breast Surgical Oncologist, Aga Khan University Hospital (Kenya)
- Ana Cristina Pinho Mendes Pereira, Director General, Brazilian National Cancer Institute (INCA)
- C S Pramesh, Director, Tata Memorial Hospital, Tata Memorial Hospital / National Cancer Grid (India)
- Danielle Lee Rodin, Radiation Oncologist; Director, Global Cancer Program, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre (Canada)
- Zainab Shinkafi-Bagudu, Founder and CEO, Medicaid Cancer Foundation (Nigeria)