Dr. Lee Dupuis – Overview of Guideline Adaptation
Dr. Bob Phillips – Framework for Guideline Adaptation in LMICs
Dr. Julia Hoveyan – Guideline Adaptation in Armenia: CINV Prophylaxis
Link: Day 1 of iPOG Network 2023 Virtual ConferenceDay 2 of iPOG Network Virtual Conference: CPG Implementation
Dr. Wim Tissing – Guideline Implementation: Dutch Experience
Dr. Lexa Walsh – Guideline Implementation: CINV Prophylaxis
Drs. Gilbert Olbara and Minke Huibers – Guideline Implementation in Kenya
Link: Day 2 of iPOG Network 2023 Virtual Conference
- Our next webinar will be held on February 27, 2024 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time. Dr. Patrick van der Torre and Dr. Raphaelle Litsenburg will present Fatigue in Cancer: The Daily Evidence and Daily Practice. Register here.
- The iPOG Network has a library of published pediatric oncology supportive care guidelines as well as guidance under development. Check it out here!
- Want to watch recorded iPOG Network webinar? See our video Library here.
Lessons Learned . . .
It’s a wrap – thanks to our Education Working Group, led by Carol Digout, Atlantic Provinces Pediatric Oncology Network (APPHON), our virtual conference was a success! Pediatric clinicians from 11 countries registered for the conference and feedback was very positive.
What would we be sure to repeat at our next virtual conference and what would we do differently?
The emphasis on application of clinical practice guidelines – adaptation and implementation – was a plus. Speakers generously shared their direct experience – also a plus. Although the discussions in the small group, breakout sessions was vigorous and participants were able to network, the number of participants was not as high as expected. At the next conference, we will try to strike a balance between offering participants a chance to interact with speakers and other participants and encouraging attendance by all participants.
If you attended the 2023 virtual conference and have suggestions for our next conference, please forward them to us using the links below:
2023 iPOG Network Virtual Conference – Day1 Evaluation
2023 iPOG Network Virtual Conference – Day 2 Evaluation
- the Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario has recently published: Guideline for the management of fatigue in children and adolescents with cancer or pediatric hematopoietic cell transplant recipients: 2023 update
- you can keep up with the iPOG Network’s activities including late-breaking publications of new guidance, new webinars and more by following us on “X” and “LinkedIn“
- Dietary restrictions for pediatric cancer patients
- Platelet transfusions
- Lifestyle restrictions
- Procedural pain prevention
- C. difficile treatment