The objectives of the GHN Nutrition Working Group are:
- Education & Training: Establish and create nutrition resources and training programs for institutions to learn about nutrition assessment and intervention.
- Research: Perform research to further understand the prevalence of under- and over-nutrition, examine nutrition indices classifying nutrition status, and examine the efficacy of interventions in low resourced countries.
- Collaboration: Facilitate research and educational collaborations, mentoring (study design, implementation, and analysis), and scientific communication between high income countries and low resourced countries.
- Advocacy: Assist in the identification of funding and resources to improve access to nutrition resources and support for nutrition interventions.
- Monthly educational meetings and clinical discussions
- Collaborative research projects
- Seek collaboration within the nutrition group for new research opportunities
- Research studies ongoing in Asia, Brazil, Central America, South Africa