Policy for review of publications* prior to any submission:
- Use of SIOP Logo
- Use of SIOP Data
- Emanating from the Board, Networks, working groups or ad hoc groups of SIOP
- Proposing to publish SIOP-sanctioned treatment or management guidelines
- Proposing to publish any SIOP policy or advocacy position
* Books or other publications can only be endorsed by SIOP if their content has been written from a SIOP perspective. Just having prominent and active SIOP members contribute as co-authors to a single articles or contributing chapters to a larger publication does not make it a SIOP entity.
What we will review
- Review whether it is an appropriate article to use SIOP name
- Review with respect to duplication of manuscripts from committees etc.
- 1st and last authors must be SIOP members
- Publication & Endorsement committee Chair is the SIOP Executive Director
- Reports to Board through SIOP Executive Director
- Log maintained by SIOP Office
- Publications submitted online for review by the Publication & Endorsement Committee via SIOP Office
- Committee meets monthly on the second Friday of each month
- Requests for review must be received 7 days in advance of the monthly meeting to be considered that month.
- Fast-track review can be requested during the online submission process
- Responses will be sent right after the committee meeting, unless clarification is required