Dear SIOP Members,
The SIOP Board of Directors has made available a pot of 40,000 EUR total for supporting the programs and work of the SIOP Networks and the Education & Training Committee during Fiscal Year 2023-2024 (Aug 1, 2023-July 31, 2024).
If you have a good idea for a project, activity, program that you would like to suggest to the leaders of the SIOP Networks and the Education & Training Committee, you are welcome to reach out to them and make your suggestions.
This funding pot is a competitive opportunity; there is no minimum project budget; the SIOP Senior Management Team (SMT) will not distribute the funding evenly.
The deadline for submission to the SMT is 7 August, 2023, but if you have an idea for an activity or project, please be sure to share your idea with the Network/Committee leaders by the end of July 2023 so that your ideas can be considered.
Funding criteria are as follows:
- Directly addresses one or more of the 5 SIOP Strategic Goals (see 2021-2025 Strategic Plan here)
- Includes a monitoring and evaluation component
- Specifies benefit to children and adolescents with cancer
- Includes clear description of need and anticipated positive change
- Budget includes sufficient detail of justified expenditures
- Personnel to conduct activities are specified
- Collaboration among Committees and/or Networks encouraged
This funding opportunity is available to the following groups:
- SIOP Global Health Network and its Working Groups
- SIOP Nursing Network and its Working Groups
- SIOP Nutrition Network and its Working Group
- SIOP Supportive Care Network
- SIOP Paediatric Psycho-Oncology Network
- SIOP Women Leaders in Paediatric Oncology Network
- Young SIOP Network and its Working Groups
- SIOP Education and Training Committee
To share your idea with the leaders of the above SIOP groups, please email email@example.com.
Thank you for sharing your ideas and suggestions!