The Master Course of Pediatric Oncology offers a theoretical and applied curriculum at the advanced level for pediatric oncology fellows and early/mid-career pediatric oncologists. This 2-year course, consisting of 4 modules, is endorsed by SIOP, see flyer.
Each module consists of two live days, which are accompanied by a comprehensive online program that covers key concepts and supports further extension of learning, which can be followed in a self-paced manner. More information about the overall curriculum can be found at General Information.
This first Module of the 4th Master Course covers General Aspects of childhood cancer. The topics vary from biology of cancer in children and an introduction to treatment modalities to psychosocial care and clinical research in pediatric oncology. Topics specific for working in low-resource settings or in high-income countries will be discussed in parallel expert sessions.
This first Module also includes an introduction to Quality Improvement and a Teach-the-Teacher workshop. Additional clinical and professional skills, including follow-up QI sessions, will be covered in Modules 2-4.
This first Module provides an excellent platform for Modules 2, 3 and 4, which are disease-oriented.
The dates for the other modules are:
– Module 4.2 Hemato Oncology – November 7 & 8, 2024
– Module 4.3 Neuro Oncology – April 24 & 25, 2025
– Module 4.4 Solid Tumors – November 13 & 14, 2025
An application has been made to the UEMS EACCME® for CME accreditation.
1. Scholarships are available. At the moment, only a few scholarships are still available for the 4th Master Course. Check the terms and conditions to see if and how you can apply.
2. There is a reduced fee for participants from low- and middle-income countries. Check LMIC’s overview to see which countries are covered.
3. There is a reduced fee for participants attending the live days online (hybrid version). Check the rates at the registration button.