The SIOP Supportive Care Network is calling upon its members to contribute to the mission of the Network and its collaborative work in paediatric oncology education, research and advocacy around the world by nominating themselves or another member for election.
Currently, the Supportive Care Network has more than 600 members in 100+ countries. You can learn about the work of the Network on its site here. Our annual flagship event is coming up soon in Barcelona. Please see the Education Day program that we have planned together with the SIOP Nursing Network and CCI.
In September 2022, the SIOP Supportive Care Network will run elections for the following positions:
- SIOP Supportive Care Network Co-Chair – the Co-Chair represents the interests of SIOP Supportive Care Network in SIOP activities, collaborates with other Networks and Working Groups interested in supportive care and shares periodic reports to the SIOP Board of Directors. The Co-Chair collaborates with the Steering Group and takes decisions about the work of the Network. To be eligible to run for this position, the prospective candidate must be a current SIOP Supportive Care Network member and be a current SIOP member in good standing. This is a 3-year commitment.
- Steering Group Member of the SIOP Supportive Care Network – To be eligible to run for this position, the prospective candidate must be a SIOP Supportive Care Network member and SIOP member in good standing. The SG Member supports the work of the Network and contributes to decision-making on current and new activities of the Network. This is a 3-year commitment.
Candidates are proposed by the Supportive Care Network Membership. Nominations will then be reviewed and scored by the Supportive Care Network Steering Group and a maximum of three prospective candidates with the highest total scores will go forward to a vote by the Supportive Care Membership. Self nominations are accepted.
- Deadline for Nominations: September 7, 2022 (12:00 noon CET)
- Selection of Candidates by the Steering Group of the Supportive Care Network
- Announcement of Candidates & Online Voting: September 14, 2022 – September 28, 2022
- Result announcement: At the Annual Business Meeting during the SIOP2022 Annual Congress held in Barcelona, Spain (September 28 – October 1) and by email.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and your commitment as a member is of vital importance to the Society, and we strongly count on your support in helping us shape the future of SIOP.
Rejin Kebudi and Wim Tissing
Co-Chairs of the SIOP Supportive Care Network