The SIOP PPO Committee is ensuring that psycho-oncology is considered as an active component of cancer treatment, counseling and rehabilitation.
The purpose of the SIOP PPO is to:
- Facilitate the exchange of research data on pediatric psycho-oncology issues
- Support the integration of these data with current psychological research, theory, and practice, and
- Encourage the active incorporation of this psychological knowledge into clinical pediatric oncology practice with the overall wish to improve the care of children with cancer.
In January 2007 The Scientific Board of the SIOP has approved for the installation of a sub-committee, dedicated to Pediatric Psycho-Oncology research: SIOP PPO.
In health and medical settings as well as in pediatric oncology settings, pediatric psychologists, with their science based knowledge, have become vital members of multidisciplinary clinical and research teams, adding specialist knowledge to treatment and research of children with chronic or life threatening diseases. In pediatric oncology, active research is being conducted to improve the understanding of the impact of childhood cancer on the patients’ well being as well as on that of their family members, within a developmental perspective. In order to incorporate the findings of pediatric psycho-oncology into clinical practice, it is important to make psycho-oncology an active component of cancer treatment, counseling and rehabilitation.
For any information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SIOP Dublin 2016 - PPO Update
SIOP 2016 Dublin Meeting
- the meeting will take place from 19-22 October 2016
- the educational day of SIOP-PPO will take place on Wednesday October 19th
- all information can be found on http://www.siop2016.kenes.com/
- ALL ABSTRACT submission (also for the educational day for SIOP-PPO) will be handled by SIOP
- Please submit your abstract before April 5th2016.
Symposium during SIOP about Standards of Care
We are very pleased to announce a symposium about the Psychosocial Standards of Care in Pediatric Oncology:
- Lori Wiener, Anne Kazak, and Rob Pieters will be speaking during the symposium.
- The symposium will be held on Thursday, October 20th from 10:40 to 12:10 hours.
The IPOS (international Psycho-Oncology Society) is scheduled in the same week, also in Dublin.
- We are still working on a shared pediatric psycho-oncology track. We will keep you informed.
In summary, the meeting in Dublin will be very worthwhile to attend: to be updated with the state-of-the art in pediatric psycho oncology, and to meet people from all over the world. I invite you to submit as much work as possible to realize a comprehensive program.
Looking forward to hear from you,
Martha Grootenhuis (chair SIOP PPO), also on behalf of Andrea Farkas Patenaude (co-chair), Gabi Calaminus, Stephen Sands and Maria McCarthy