SIOP is calling upon its members in order to contribute to the mission of the Society and its collaborative work in paediatric oncology education, research and advocacy around the world by nominating themselves or another member for election as SIOP Secretary Elect.
A SIOP Executive Board member should fulfill the following criteria
- Be an experienced, accredited senior health professional in the field of paediatric oncology
- Have an established track record in education, (teaching), research and publication
- Be experienced and competent in medical, administrative and political areas
- Preferably have previous experience at National/ Regional/International Paediatric Society level
- Show commitment and be in a position to sustain reliable communication (especially e-mail) with the SIOP Office
- All positions require substantial commitment of time and energy. Consequently candidates should be willing to commit him (her) self to the task
View the detailed profile here
Candidates are proposed by a Nominating Committee, which will receive suggestions from any member of the Society. The secretariat should receive written confirmation from the candidate(s) that the person is willing to accept the nomination, if elected.
|Announcement Call for Nominations
|November 20, 2015
|Deadline for Nominations
|January 20, 2016
|Selection of Candidates by Nomination Committee*
|Announcement of Candidates & Online Voting
|February 15, 2016
|Online Voting Deadline
|March 14, 2016
|Result announcement: At the Annual Business Meeting during the 48th Annual Meeting in Dublin.
*Nomination Committee comprises of the current Executive Board plus the President of each of the continental sub-groups.
How can I nominate a candidate?
Download and complete the Nomination Form – SIOP_2016_Secretary_Nomination_form
Use the Subject Title “SIOP Election 2016 – Nomination Secretary Elect”
Send nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline nominations: January 20, 2016
We kindly remind you that you must be a member in good standing in order to have full voting rights. If you have not renewed your SIOP membership for 2016 yet, please click here.
The term of office will start after the SIOP 2016 Annual Meeting in Dublin.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and your commitment as a member is of vital importance to the Society, and we strongly count on your support in helping us shape the future of the society.
Your SIOP Secretariat